Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I think this is a bug. On previous versions you could remove the phone or web files on a Trio by pressing the trash can next to each area when viewing the device on RPRM. Now, if you hit the trash can it removes all phone files on RPRM but the phones still hold on to those old configurations. Only way I have found to remove them is to Reset Web or Device on the phones locally. 

Has anyone else experienced this? Is this a bug?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello @ramon.guzman ,

Welcome to the Poly Community.

You have not shared the most important detail aka what RPRM software version are you using on RPRM.

Most likely this would be a bug if used in the latest 10.9.x version and you should raise a ticket with support.

The functionality will always only delete the data from the RPRM and not the Phone.

To reset the phone please use the UI aka Settings > Advanced >Administrator Settings > Reset to Defaults > Reset Web Configuration

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Yes, RPRM is on the newest version 10.9 and Trio's are also on the newest 7.1 version.

I don't think I am imagining that deleting the files form RPRM also removed them from the device in a previous version. At the very least, choosing a specific place to remove the files from (web trash can or phone trash can) should not remove all those files. 

The issue I am experiencing is that we need to change logging levels to capture a problem. I have the RPRM pushing new logging parameters but my devices have old web data that can't be removed. I have over 70 phones in my environment across 4 different offices. Manually going to each one and going through the settings seems like a terrible way to manage this. Am I doing something wrong or is this expected behavior?

HP Recommended

Hello @ramon.guzman ,

When making a change via the Web Interface or the Phone UI the phone will upload these to the provisioning server. This in this case is RPRM. The question is why changes were made to so many phones via the Web Interface rather than using RPRM?

This is Working As Designed.

Jun 27, 2018 Question: How can I determine what source or order a configuration value came from or what is the priority of this?

ResolutionDetails => here <=

You could look at using the REST API => here <= and use the REST API /api/v1/mgmt/configReset/web .

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Changes may have been made during previous troubleshooting instances with Poly techs or from before we had the RPRM in place. I have resolved the problem; since it was only log levels that were not being removed I was able to "reset to defaults" from the logging page via the web. That has removed the unwanted parameters.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.