Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

I am facing a problem where I want to apply special policys for testgroups (for new firmware, etc.) which contradicts the default policy.

As usual my vvx phones are attached to sites based on their IP addresses. One site specific policy now defines the firmware update location which is a local ftp server to avoid downloading updates from the central RPRM. For testing purposes I have now created a testgroup as endpoint group and associated 2 phones with it and a different update policy pointing to a different firmware. My understanding was that policy's will be applied with priority order global > endpoint groups > models > sites > endpoints. Thus the endpoint group policy should have a higher priority then the site policy. But from the provisioning.cfg I can see that actually the site policy prevails. Naturally I tried associating the test update policy directly to the endpoint and that worked but is not really practical.

Any ideas how I could achieve my goal?

Regards Robert

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I believe I have something similar - I have 2 endpoints that I test with which I want different porvisioning profiles applied to than the others in the same site. 

I had to make a new rule, and use the serial numbers as the differentiator,  place the rule it above the rule for the site the endpoints are in so that rule is encountered first

Once the endpoint hits a rule that is accepted, it will stop searching for rules to process.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.