Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm able to use the following  to list groups and get the group identifier 

curl --request GET --user name:password --url http://host/api/rest/groups 

I would like to use curl to "put" memebers to the group.

1. will using PUT api/rest/groups/{group-identifier}/group-members add a memebr to the group? Would the user name be used for this? Its not explict in the API guide. 

2. Is someone able to provide the proper curl syntax for the put, as a simple data put of the user name does not seem to work

curl -d "username" -X PUT --user user:password --url http://host/api/rest/groups/39240/group-memebers

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

I guess this Community doesn't respond to API Questions???? LOL

HP Recommended
I'm reading the RPRM API document found here and finding there is not enough documentation on parameters of the POST and PUT calls.

My goal is to use the API to create 1200 machine and room accounts. 

I would like to POST the following parameters 

Enable Machine account
User ID
Password 
Description 
Associate with a new room (created automatically)
HP Recommended

Hello @dwolf,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

I have joined your new and your old post. Community members will respond if they can.

If nobody responds you can always work with your Polycom reseller and potentially open a ticket with Polycom support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.