Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I have an Polycom RSS 4000 device that went through a power failure and is now unable to boot with "Error 16: Inconsistent Filesystem Stucture". I know the product is EOL and support was turned over to Harman, but since we're unable to get support I'm hoping someone might be able to share the root credentials. At the grub screen I hit 'p' to get to the prompt and it asks for a password, but nothing I've tried works. I'm thinking there's a decent chance just running an fsck could get it booting again. I'm open to all suggestions. Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You're taking me way back with this one.  🙂

I have attached a document that explains how to put the RSS4000 into Rescue Mode. It's an old document and was originally written for version 6. The pictures don't show a File System Check option but if you are running version 8.x on your system then the option should be there.

Give it a shot and let me know how it works out for you.

HP Recommended

I am facing error message that backend system service not ready error Polycom RSS 4000 system .

Actualy We forgot the System web access Loging Password ,to recover the password we take telnet access of the system and reset the password.

after that we got web Access to the system but while accessing MANAGE RSS link and entering Login ID and password it gives error message that backend system services not ready.

due to above error we can't access the system setting.

Can you please help me.

@DFresh wrote:

Hello,

I have an Polycom RSS 4000 device that went through a power failure and is now unable to boot with "Error 16: Inconsistent Filesystem Stucture". I know the product is EOL and support was turned over to Harman, but since we're unable to get support I'm hoping someone might be able to share the root credentials. At the grub screen I hit 'p' to get to the prompt and it asks for a password, but nothing I've tried works. I'm thinking there's a decent chance just running an fsck could get it booting again. I'm open to all suggestions. Thanks

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.