Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am facing error message that backend system service not ready error Polycom RSS 4000 system .

Actualy We forget the System web access Loging Password ,to recover the password we take telnet access of the system and reset the password.

after that we got web Access to the system but while accessing MANAGE RSS link and entering Login ID and password it gives error message that backend system services not ready.

due to above error we can't access the system setting.

Can you please help me.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The good part is that you already know how to telnet to the system and you have already run the reset password command. 

There is another command I want you to run from a telnet session.

fscheck on

Once you have run that command run the reboot command. A file system check will be run as part of the reboot. If that fixes your problem, telnet to the system again and run

fscheck whenerror

That will reduce your boot time and run a file system check only when the system detects a file system error.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

The good part is that you already know how to telnet to the system and you have already run the reset password command. 

There is another command I want you to run from a telnet session.

fscheck on

Once you have run that command run the reboot command. A file system check will be run as part of the reboot. If that fixes your problem, telnet to the system again and run

fscheck whenerror

That will reduce your boot time and run a file system check only when the system detects a file system error.

HP Recommended

Hi MikeB,

I run the fscheck on command and rebooted the system now its asking us to Enter the Rescue Password.

Please share the rescue password.  ( I tried the default password  POLYCOM ,but password is failed )

HP Recommended

We got the rescue Mode paasword .it's SUPPORT

after that we folllows two steps

1) Diagnose Hardware

2) Check File sysem

then rebooted the system...

after that it automatically take me to home page of RSS 4000...then I click on Manage RSS link... its redirect to another wiidow and ask to login ID & Password.

after entering Loging ID  and Password it gives same error as Backend System services are not ready.

can you please help me to resolve the issue.

HP Recommended

also file file check system .text file

HP Recommended

Your /dev/sda2 file system had a lot of errors. If you haven't set fscheck on through the telnet console, please do so and reboot the system again. SOmetimes when fscheck runs and fixes errors it will uncover other errors deeper in the file system. I like to run it until it comes up clean.

HP Recommended

Hi,

still I face the same error .

I think hard disk of RSS 4000 failed.....can someone guide us how to do cloning of harddisk ?  is there any other way to replace the hard disk ?

Thanks,

Ramdas Kedari

HP Recommended

If your hard disk failed there is nothing to clone nad even if you could you would be cloning bad data. As for replacing the hard disk, That was never a field replaceable component. If a hard drive failed the entire unit was replaced. 

Effective January 1 2018, support and development of Polycom’s Video Content Management (VCM) portfolio, which includes the RSS 4000, has transitioned to HARMAN Connected Services. More information can be found at the Harmon website here:  https://services.harman.com/microsites/harman-media-suite

HP Recommended

HARMAN does not want to support anything. deleted all links! what should we do?! wherever there is no information on rss4000

tech support does not respond to letters about rss4000

we need an image of a flash drive with Linux which is inside rss4000
flash driver out of order

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.