Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Please does anyone have a recent document that describes the DMA External H.323 integration with Avaya Aura. Documents i have seen on the internet and with this community all refer to CMA and Avaya. I suppose there is something that addresses DMA specifially. 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

The partnership between Avaya and Polycom ended about 4 years ago or so. Therefore no new documentation was been delievered. The CMA only integrated with Avaya using H323. For this reason, the Avaya Call MAnager (ACM) was used. The DMA can be integrated using either H323 or SIP. Generally we prefer the DMA to use SIP. This requires the Avaya Session Manager as part of the Avaya Aura platform.

If youwant to support only in-bound calls to the DMA, then no DMA configuration has to be done. All the configuration is done on the Avaya side. But, if you want to support out-bound calls from DMA to the Avaya, then you will need to create a DMA external SIP peer which is a SIP trunk to the Avaya. 

I can attach a doc I have which is a tad dated, but it may help.

HP Recommended

I have an external SIP peer configured on my dma that points to my Avaya Session Manager. Then a dial rule setup with a prefix service to route to avaya session manager when the prefix is used. The dial rule strips the prefix and sends the digits to session manager

I had to create a SIP user on Avaya for the sip peer config on DMA. The SIP peer can be configured on DMA under Integrations>external sip peers

HP Recommended

Do u have the specifics?

I tried the exact same thing i think u are doing...but the DMA rule (and endpoint) keep saying they cant resolve the number...

I have in DMA

-External SIP Peer to Avaya Session Managers IP

-Dial Rule #10 looks for this

-Next hop is SM IP on TLS Port it uses (Says "Registered")

-Have nothing in Postliminary

-For Authentication, the SM people created an ID I have placed in there 

(have tried pass/handle auth various things)

-Also tried with/without external auth

From the endpoint itself, I enabled VOICE ONLY Calls (Gatekeeper is DMA)

and swapped around the SIP/H323 settings... this is SIP only

Let me know if you have an ideas, thank you so much in advance!!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.