Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Dear All,

Need your help and support for the mentioned issue. I am tring to connect Polycom DMA 7000 to Polycom CMA 5000.

I have two DMA 7000 which are configured on server cluster mode. When i am trying to connect CMA via DMA receiving the mentioned error : " Remote machine couldn't resolve my Fully Qualified Domain Name: proximo-node1 "

Need your help in understanding the issue

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hello Shailesh,

I would suggest you check the DMA Integrations Guide 5.1 (assuming this is your Software Version as you have not posted these for either the CMA or the DMA) => here <= and start reading from Page 185 the Chapter Resource Management System Integration.

Quote:

Your DNS servers must be able to resolve the Polycom DMA system’s FQDN to its virtual IP address.

In addition, the DNS servers must be able to resolve the Polycom RealPresence Resource Manager or CMA system’s FQDN to its IP address. This is necessary even if you specify the Polycom RealPresence Resource Manager or CMA system’s IP address when you join it.

If you still struggle you may want to consider contacting Polycom Professional Services in order to setup your implementation.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Dear Stef,

I tried doing again and i m still facing the issue. Pls guide me way further

HP Recommended

Hello Shailesh,

I had already provided the next available step for you.

Either contact professional services in order to implement the CMA into your DMA cluster or contact your Polycom reseller if a Polycom support ticket needs raising.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

You are using a DMA as GK or just for mcu pooling.

Regards

Yashpal

HP Recommended

Yash,

We are using for MCU pool

HP Recommended

integrate DMA with CMA and add CMA in DMA as external GK.

HP Recommended

you should configure a DNS record for the DMA and CMA once you create it should be able to resolve it during the integration process

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.