Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi Everyone,

I will be the first to admit I am not an expert with this equipment, and I had a question regarding Polycom and CMA.

While we use the equipment and the CMA server to connect them all-together for all of our offices, we have found that we need a unit that will be outside of our network completely.  The cost of expanding our company network to this remote location would be too costly.

It was suggested to try and use ISDN at the remote location.  What kind of ISDN connection would we need?  We have the Polycom VSX 3000 model units.  Also, is it possible to directly connect two units without using the CMA server?

Thanks for any assistance.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The CMA is IP only, it does not have any ISDN capabilities. So you can connect your VSX using any ISDN cirtcuit that is set up for data and voice, but it will not be able to communicate with the CMA unless it has an IP address.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.