Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

Working with some rarther old infrastructure and need some help.

I cannot log into the PathNav error message "there is no database connection, check you database connection befor logging into the pathnavigator"

Using the local microsoft Access Database not remote SQL.

IT believe that the database file is too large for the server

I have worked with PathNav before being trained in 2002 but notes do not cover this problem.

Does anybody know how to" purge" or "delete and reset" the local database

Screenshots attached

Hope you can help

Ade

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Bee,

Wow. A blast from the past... Reaching way back...There is a function of the Microsoft Access application to compress and compact the database. Typically I have seen issues with Access databases when the size gets over 100MB.

I would also check your DSN to make sure it has a connection to the database. The ODBC Administration tool will provide this information. Look in the Local or System DSN tab.

Best of luck to you...

S.

HP Recommended

It was a known issue when using PN with Win 2003 server.

I find the next workaround in my old notes:

You have to add two users to DCOM config:

1. From the Control Panel, go to Administrative Tools -> Component Services.  Expand Computers -> My Computer -> DCOM Config

2. Scroll down and right mouse clock on PLCMMonitorSvc.  Select Properties.

3. In the Launch and Activation Permissions frame, choose Customize, then Edit

4. In Launch Permission Click on Add

5. In Select Users or Groups Click on Advanced -> Find Now -> Click on the IUSR_XXXX.  Click on OK

6. Check Allow for Local and Remote Launch and Activation for Internet Guest Account (IUSR_XXXX) and click OK

7. Repeat this for the IWAN_XXXX account

8. Enjoi the result

Hope this could help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.