Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello all,

I'm looking for some basic guidance in getting a VBP-5300E10 setup and running.

My hubrus made me think that I would be able to work through the manual and setup the device on my own. However, after several days of staring at the pages of the user and admin manuals, I have to admit defeat. I have been successfull in getting the IP addresses configured on the device, but not much further than that.

Would someone be able to point me in the direction of a good, basic information source that will help me climb the learning curve? I'm trying to make the VBP work in conjunction with a CMA 5000, so that users on one network can video conference with the users on the VTC network.

Thanks,

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The VBP E only has a handful of configuration settings that need to be set up in order for it t work. On the Network page, you have to configure the LAN and WAN IPs as well as the WAN gateway. Once that is in place, you need to go to the routes page (on the left in the small text links) and add the LAN side routes.

You have to add LAN routes for every subnet within your network. For example, a typical network might have devices on 172.25.0.0/16 networks and 10.0.0.0/8 networks. If your VBP's LAN address is at, say, 10.5.5.10, and the gateway off that subnet is 10.5.5.1, then your route's page might have the following routes configured:

IP Network:  172.25.0.0

Netmask:     255.255.0.0

Gateway:      10.5.5.1

IP Network:   10.0.0.0

Netmask:     255.0.0.0

Gateway:      10.5.5.1

The idea is that you only want routes defined for addresses inside your LAN, so that they will be routed via the LAN-side interface, while addresses outside your network will go out the default gateway.

The third place to set up is the VOIP ALG. If you click on the VOIP ALG page, and open up the H.323 tab within it, you should see the H.323 VOIP ALG setup. For an E box, you will generally want to operate in LAN/Subscriber-side gatekeeper mode. So check off that radial, and then put in the IP address of the CMA in the LAN/Subscriber-side GK address field.

That is it as far as configuring the VBP E.

The last step is to add the VBP E to your sites on the CMA. To do that, you go into Admin--> Dial plans and sites--> Sites. Then you go through each of your sites, and edit them. On the Routing/bandwidth tab within each site, there is a radial check box that says "Allowed via H323 aware SBC or ALG." Check that box off, and then put in the LAN-side address of your VBP E.

That is all there is to it. If you run into any problems, you can call us up at 1-888-248-4143 and work with one of our techs to get you squared away.

HP Recommended

Alki,

Thank You so much for getting me started on the path.

It turns out that I had to switch things around. I had to put the "wan" side toward the VTC network and the CMA 5000, and the LAN side towards the data network, and put it into "Wan Side Gatekeeper" mode.

I still have some minor things to figure out, but it is working.

Thanks again for your help.

Dale

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.