Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I can't access to a VBP 5300 ST by IE. I tried all of this:

1.- I did a complete reset of the VBP (3 times) for factory configuration without success, then

2.- I could access through the console and run:

/etc/conf/bin/ep_mfg

cfg_commit

/etc/conf/bin/config_network

but nothing.

Please help. Thank 'u

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Hi!! I did it! :-D!!  I found the way to RESET my VBP 5300 ST and then access by HTTP!!

I just had to add a command before the three ones you recommended in this community:

Access through the console and run:

User: - root

Pass: - @#$%^&*!()

(shift + 2345678190)

Once you are there, running these commands should reset the HTTP listen settings in the firewall:

/etc/cong/bin/cfg_restore

/etc/conf/bin/ep_mfg cfg_commit /etc/conf/bin/config_network

Regards...

HP Recommended

Sorry:

/etc/conf/bin/cfg_restore

HP Recommended

I'm trying to follow this procedure, but the serial console of my VBP5300 doesnt respond at all. Even a reset of the box displays nothing.  Does it use a special non-standard wiring scheme on the plug?

HP Recommended

Any null modem cable should work. Make sure the baud rate is set to 9600, 8 data bits, no parity, 1 stop bit and no hardware flow control. Depending on the program you are using it may be defaulting to XON/XOFF for the flow control.

Mike

HP Recommended

I know this post is a little old but does this reset then entire config or just the firewall setttings?

HP Recommended

It resets the entire config.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.