Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello again!

I have another issue. I would like the RSS 4000 screen to keep invisible when connected to a VC codec for recording, so other participants do not see the recording screen while in session.

What I would really like would be to start recording a session, without the participants noticing the fact that I am recording the session.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Ana,

This functionality is part of the RMX recording link feature. To create recording links, open the recording link page from the RMX management pane:

RMXRecordlink2.jpg

You can create recording links from the RMX that will dial-out to a specific VRR on the RSS and record without displaying any return video from the RSS:

RMXRecordlink.jpg 

In this case, I have created a recording link to the VRR with the ID of 1701 on my RSS 4000 at IP address 172.25.24.60. Recording links created in this way will record video from the conference, but there will be no video from the RSS back to the RMX for the other participants to see.

The Recording Link can be integrated with a specific conference or meeting room via the conference profile. There is a tab in the profile called "Recording" where you can choose the specific recording links you want to use for conferences or meeting rooms created from the profile.

HP Recommended

Hi Alki:

The problem is that I do not have an RMX and will not have one in the near future.  Do you know of any other way of avoiding the RSS 4000 screen from showing up when it starts recording an event?

I have an open source streaming server and I have my VC codecs configured to send the stream to the server, so when I start the streaming no other window appears on the terminal screen. I record directly to a DVD recording device, but I struggled for years to get the RSS 4000 because I thought it will make me life much easier, but now I face many problems that had already been solved with my domestic solution and I am not able to justify the virtues of the RSS 4000, when I am not able to dismiss it´s screen from the VC session, or publish the streaming URL in advance ... Any ideas?

Thank you very much for your patience. Bets regards ... Ana Maria

HP Recommended

Ana,

Unfortunately, the RSS 4000 alone does not have all of these features. Together with the rest of the Polycom UC architecture, it can provide this functionality, but it cannot do everything by itself. The VRR design of the RSS 4000 was designed to operate with the RMX, as it can only accommodate a single participant, so the ability to hide the menu display on the codecs is part of the RMX's job. As for prepublishing the streaming URLs, that used to be part of the VMC's functionality, which is now being replaced by the AMMS.

You may be able to integrate your RSS into your existing streaming server however. Our AMMS operates by connecting a windows streaming server to the RSS via RTSP, and then the publishing point on the windows server re-streams the content from the RSS.

While we couldn't support the integration of a third-party streaming server with an RSS 4000, if your streaming server can be set up to push content, and if it supports RTSP, then you should be able to set the RSS 4000 up as a video source for your streaming server and use the URLs to the publishing points on your streaming server.

We wouldn't be able to give you any guidance as far as setting up the streaming server, but I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out to be doable.

Hope this helps,

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.