Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I noticed on any of my HDX systems ver3.x that for any entry provided from the GDS of CMA4000 v6.2.5 the IP address field is always populated and the Extension field is always empty.

More specific:
- If the directory entry belongs to a CMA managed endpoint, the entry's IP address field on the global directory of any HDX is populated by the extension number of the managed endpoint an not the IP address. The HDX directory entry extension field is empty in that case.
- If the directory entry belongs to the CMA guest book, then the entry's IP address field on the global directory of any HDX is populated by the IP address and the extension field is empty. Both IP address and extension fields are completed in the CMA Guest book corresponding entry.

Is it possible somehow to populate with correct values both IP address and Extension fields to HDX system directory entries that are provided from CMA 4000 GDS?

Thanks in advance,
Yannis

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

There was an issue with Group Series endpoints not populating the extension field in the GAB correctly but that was resolved in GS version 4.2.0.

HP Recommended

Michael thanks for your respond!

I'm interested in HDX series. I also noticed the same behavior in VSX series. None Group series device available for the moment to test. I'm guessing that this is not a bug but the standard behavior for all HDX (and VSX) devices.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.