Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We've setup all the external DNS records to allow folks to dial 123@company.com.  I had to setup a alias manipulation to have the VBP remove @company.com.  That part works great when calling from another codec.  

The problem we're having is if a user with a RPD install tries to call in.  It hits the VBP as h323:123@company.com and the VBP dutifully strips off the @company.com, but the call stills fails as the VBP can't find h323:123.  My regex skills aren't up to par these days, anyone have a regex that'll strip the h323: *and* @company.com out so it'll just pass the numeric alias?  

Thanks!

-J

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Looks like the problem all along was the "^h323:" one.  I changed it to just have "h323:" (Without the caret) and it works as expected now.  It strips off the h323: from the front and removes the @company.com off the end just leaving me with the h323 extension (or name).  The call is then processed appropriately to the destination..

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hi

Do you have the CMA or DMA server?

Have you tried to use default alias modification?

Pattern: ^h323:@

Replace: [blank]

or  ^h323:@company.com

Regards

HP Recommended

No CMA or DMA, just a handful of codecs and  VBP.

I tried ^h323:@company.com as well, doesn't even match the incoming call.  

HP Recommended

Hi

You should try to use to use 2 rules together.

1st:

Pattern: ^h323:

Replace:

2nd:

Pattern: @company.com

Replace:

by another way:
specify the H.323 Name like: 123@company.com on your internal codecs.
and leave only the 1st rule (^h323:). In this case, the VBP removes h323: and finds codecs by H.323 Name

HP Recommended

Looks like the problem all along was the "^h323:" one.  I changed it to just have "h323:" (Without the caret) and it works as expected now.  It strips off the h323: from the front and removes the @company.com off the end just leaving me with the h323 extension (or name).  The call is then processed appropriately to the destination..

HP Recommended

we have also done alias manupulation as peterrren # is replace with @ so now the external endpoint party will reach us from dial string alias@publicip instead of publicip##alias

BR

Yash Pal

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.