Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a RMX 4000 by mistake i forgot my RMX IP

plz  help me if you have any idea &  how can i Download to RMX DISCOVER TOOL.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

The easiest way to discover the IP address is to use a free tool called Putty and connect to the serial port on the back of the RMX 4000. Then set the sesion to record. Turn off the RMX, then back on. Once the RMX boots up, you can then search the boot log for the following phase: MNG_MCMS_IP_ADDR. This will have the IP address of the management interface.

S.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

The easiest way to discover the IP address is to use a free tool called Putty and connect to the serial port on the back of the RMX 4000. Then set the sesion to record. Turn off the RMX, then back on. Once the RMX boots up, you can then search the boot log for the following phase: MNG_MCMS_IP_ADDR. This will have the IP address of the management interface.

S.

HP Recommended

but how can I Download to RMX DISCOVER TOOL

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.