Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,
I have problem with one of the dial rules at DMA server. When I try to dial IP_address##e.164, for example 75.76.77.78##456789, everything works very well. When I try to dial e.164@IP_address, for example 456789@75.76.77.78, my DMA server passes through the rule responsible for this type of the connection and say "Domain is controlled by DMA: 75.76.77.78 (or any IP address used to call). Then goes to the next rules and at the end block this of connection. There are no any scripts in all rules

Regards

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Pablo,

The screenshots were very helpful. If you want the DMA to be able to route calls using the email address type dial strings, 1234@140.242.22.1, for example, you have to specify a local domain. Under Admin, call server, Domains, please add the DNS domain name or IP address whiich should be local to the DMA.

Domain names must be valid and full domains, but you can replace a single host label within a domain with the wildcard character to match multiple subdomains. For instance:, *.mycompany.com matches:

eng.mycompany.com

fin.mycompany.com

And eng.*.mycompany.com matches:

eng.sanjose.mycompany.com

eng.austin.mycompany.com

Subdomains are not local if the domain is listed without a wildcard character.

For example, if the domain mycompany.com is entered without any other mycompany domains, this would NOT match eng.mycompany.com.

The Resolve to external address dial rule action doesn’t match against domains that are considered local. If the list of domains is empty then all domains are considered local, this dial rule action won’t match any dial string and can’t be used.

In some circumstances (depending on network topology and configuration), dialing loops can develop if you don't restrict the RealPresence DMA system to specific domains.

S.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Hello PabloPL,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

It is always useful to include the currently used software version as issues experienced may already be addressed in a newer release.

This also allows yourself and others to check against current software release notes.

Is there any other Polycom infrastructure involved ?

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Domain always work in string userid\domain and SIP work in string user@domain.com

It seems you are point worong string which causing a error, alias@ip is supported and resorved string for Cisco EP so the given string could not resolved or recognized by DMA.

I think you don't need to put rule IP##ID as this always suuport in case you do not have call server in your enviorment 

BR

Yash

HP Recommended

Pablo,

The screenshots were very helpful. If you want the DMA to be able to route calls using the email address type dial strings, 1234@140.242.22.1, for example, you have to specify a local domain. Under Admin, call server, Domains, please add the DNS domain name or IP address whiich should be local to the DMA.

Domain names must be valid and full domains, but you can replace a single host label within a domain with the wildcard character to match multiple subdomains. For instance:, *.mycompany.com matches:

eng.mycompany.com

fin.mycompany.com

And eng.*.mycompany.com matches:

eng.sanjose.mycompany.com

eng.austin.mycompany.com

Subdomains are not local if the domain is listed without a wildcard character.

For example, if the domain mycompany.com is entered without any other mycompany domains, this would NOT match eng.mycompany.com.

The Resolve to external address dial rule action doesn’t match against domains that are considered local. If the list of domains is empty then all domains are considered local, this dial rule action won’t match any dial string and can’t be used.

In some circumstances (depending on network topology and configuration), dialing loops can develop if you don't restrict the RealPresence DMA system to specific domains.

S.

HP Recommended

Dear,

I have the same difficulty.
We can make calls with the format: ID@IP
But we can´t make calls: IP##ID

For example:

5002@200.198.5.1
200.198.5.1##5002

Att.:

Ozório

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.