Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello,

I am migrating from CMA to DMA, and my mobile users are continuing to grow.  I currently have them hidden from the global address book, but is there a way to create a second address book to put all of the mobile users in?

I've read the documentation but haven't found out the answer to this yet.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Without a lot more detail I can't directly answer your question. If you are migrating from CMA to DMA for gatekeeper functionality are you also migrating to Resource Manager for system management and scheduling? Resource Manager has the ability to do multiple address books and may be what you are looking for.

HP Recommended

What I would like to do is have my room based systems in one address book, and the mobile users in another.  My company's users aren't used to seeing mobile users in the address book at all, but if I can force them to a separate one it would be good.

HP Recommended

I saw the ability for multiple address books, but do I manually have to put systems and people in each one?  Can they be forced to a certain address book depending on if they are an HDX system VS a mobile user?

HP Recommended

Tom,

Yes - this is how multiple address books works. It is a 2 step process. The first step is to define who has permissions to see the address book and the other step is to define what is in the address book.

For step one. You can create a local group in CMA/RPRM or import an AD Enterprise group. If your mobile users are accessing with user accounts from your corp AD, then I would use an AD group. This will centralize all futher additions or deletions in one place. Once you group is createed, you then add all the users you want to be in this group, in this case the mobile users.

The multiple address book (MAB) feature works off of users and groups. This works well for RPD/RPM since this is the method used to log in. Traditional room endpoints are not neccessarily tied to a user, so this is probably the only change that needs to be untaken.

Once the group has been assigned, then you can create the address book. There are many options to populate the address book, but I would recommend just adding your group that you created before. Depending on your goal, you can add other devices as well.

Once the address book is completed, you can then go back to the group you made earlier and associate this group to the address book you created. Then you are done.

You will have to create a group for the different views you want to restrict. There is also an order as a user might have permissions to more than one address book, so it picks the first one it comes to and gives it to the user. Despite how other vendors populate their address book, we can only present 1 address book to the user. Just keep that in mind when you are building you books.

S.

HP Recommended

Hello Simons,

Yes, my users use AD authentication.  When you mention using an AD group, would this group need to contain all of my users?  What I don't want to do is have to maintain adding users to this group as more people start to use the mobile application.

If I added a group with all of my users, I take it they will all show in this address book whether or not they are using real presence or cma desktop?

Thank you for your help!  I appreciate it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.