Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I hear that the CloudAXIS suite can be deployed behind the RPAD making the RPAD act as reverse proxy. Would you prefer to do this? Or would it be best to not use proxy?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Mathias,

The web reverse proxy was a requirement if you wanted to setup the social connections to Google+ and Facebook. If this is not something you will be interested in, then it is up to up. If you have the option of using an RPAD, then I would suggest using it because it does offer more security in both protecting it from the outside and providing additional secuirty by checking the web requests as they come through for CAX. Polycom has only rigerously tested the CAX behind an RPAD, so there also may be issues not discovered or some security not implemented well.

However, I have deployed CAX in a DMZ without being proxied by the RPAD. There is a bit ore work to do on the firewall to make sure the ports are opened, but it can be done. I have also done a port forward on the firewall to get this to work.

S.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the valuable reply. We have an RPAD so we will use this as reverse proxy. You made some good points.

Furthermore it saves us a lot of work in our VMWARE environment network wisely.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.