Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

Some time ago before I used the CMA, I created prefixes on my VBP-E-box.

For example, if I wanted to dial a number and a prefix eg. 78.222.211.12##1223 I would make a prefix let's say 78 so al the other colleagues behind 78.222.211.12 would be 78. So if I would dial 78.222.211.12##1223, I would now dial 781223. Make sense?

Now, since I use the CMA I cannot make use of prefixes anymore, or at least, do not know why/where to put it.

Does anybody know?

Regards,

Mike

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Mike,

I am assuming the  78.222.211.12 address is another VBP-E. Is this correct? Is it running in embedded gatekeeper mode? Please correct me if my assumptions are wrong.

I will assume the above is correct. The first thing you would do is add the VBP-E as a trusted neighbor. This is needed in order to build the CMA dial rule correctly. Admin  >  Gatekeeper Settings  >  Neighboring Gatekeepers

Then go to Admin  >  Dial Plan and Sites  >  Dial Rules. Select Add on the left hand side. Fill in the information under general and make sure to have a high priority, like 20 for example. This will make sure the rule gets executed first. Under Routed Action, enter 78 for the IP address Pattern Data. Select 2 for the Character to Remove and From start of dial string. Under action, select route to a trusted neighbor. Under the trusted neighbors menu option on the left, select the new trusted neighbor you created before. Then hit ok.

I have attached a screenshot of the dial rule for reference.

S.

HP Recommended

Hi Simons,

Sorry it took so long to anwser; we had some difficulties with software A.D. and stuff on the CMA...

Now with the latest patch it's working again, at least te bigger part.

I do not use the internal gatekeeper in the VBP-E for I use the CMA as gatekeeper. So instead of using the embedded one I selected the internal one which is my CMA.

So how can I still use prefixes?

Thanks in advance and kind regards,

Mike 

HP Recommended

Mike,

I am trying to understand your overall solution. So you had a VBP, but not you have outgrown it and moved on to a CMA for your gatekeeper functions?

After reading your post, are you looking to dial users behind another offsite VBP using a prefix to help simplfiy the dial string? Is this correct?

If so, you can still use prefixes in the CMA. The action would depend on what H323 ALG the VBP was configured for, gatekeeper, wan side gatekeeper, etc.

S.

HP Recommended

Hi Simon,

Thanks for your reply.

I will try to be more specific.

Old config:

VBP-E box with integrated gatekeeper selected.

Let's say I would like to call you and your alias would be 33443 and your public video address for example 140.242.212.12.

Normally I would call you by dialing 140.242.212.12##33443 or 33443@140.242.212.12.

But in the VPB->VoIP ALG->neighbouring I put in a prefix of 9001 with address 140.242.212.12 which will be stripped.

So instead of dialing the long number I now dial 900133443.

This has always worked like a charm untill we upgraded to a larger configuration:

VBP-E used gatekeeper on the LAN side (so not the embedded anymore) and the CMA is now the gatekeeper.

How can I configure things that I can use the prefixes in the old configuration?

Hope this makes things clear.

Regards,

Michael Rosoft

HP Recommended

Mike,

I have this almost same setup. I dial 7571xxxx to reach our meeting rooms from my home network. The 75 prefix gets stripped and and IP address gets added.

Let me see if I can replicate this on my CMA. I will post my results later.

S.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.