Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I couldn't access the interface of VBP-E. So, I reset the VBP-E by clicking the erase pin, 3 times. It should set the IP of port 1 to 192.168.1.1. I also changed the IP of my computer to 138.168.1.2/24.

When I enter 192.168.1.1 in my browser, it couldn't connect. I tried switching the browsers, rebooted the VBP-E but couldn't remote into it.

This device has only  the ethernet port for the console, no DB-9.

Any suggestion will be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

*set my computer IP to 192.168.1.2/24 not 138.168.1.2/24.

HP Recommended

Hi Kushal

1. Do you have a console cable, that was provided in the box of VBP?
  2. Can you ping IP 192.168.1.1 through Port 1?
  3. try to use the ethernet crossover cable for connection a laptop to VBP.
  4. try to erase a configuration of VBP once again

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi Bazzuck

I don't have the console cable that came with the box of VBP. I cannot ping 192.168.1.1 through port 1 as well.

I also tried using cross over and straight through Ethernet cables.
I will try to erase the configurations again and see if it works.

While setting the IP of my computer to 192.168.1.2/24, I left the default gateway and DNS empty. Could that be the problem?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Problem Fixed:

Re-erased the VBP-E, changed the IP of my computer to 192.168.1.2/24, DNS: 8.8.8.8/8.8.4.4 and gateway:192.168.1.1. It worked. I can now remote into the unit.

Thanks for the help.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.