Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi All,

We have dell latitude 6400 series in our office primess but some of the users repoted issue that they are not able to use external cmaera while using CMAD software.CMAD software version 5.2.5 working fine with PC but if we upgrade software version to 5.2.3 PC stop communicate with CMAD we have checked PC configuration and it meeting with software requirment.please find detail of systems below:-

CMA 4000 server version -6.2.1

CMAD version using -5.2.3

PC Make-Dell Latitude 6400

BR

Yash Pal

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

issue has been resolved after format the PC

Thnaks for you support

BR

Yash Pal

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello Yashpal,

from a support perspective we only support the latest current Version, in this case CMAD 5.2.5

You post is a bit confusing as you mention 5.2.3 is not working and 5.2.5 is working.

Please simply clarify what version is working and what version is not working:

• Is Version 5.2.3 working on all of your PC's apart from the mentioned DELL PC?
    Yes or No

• Is Version 5.2.5 working on all of your PC's apart from the mentioned DELL PC?
    Yes or No

If they can get the software to work on a specific PC using and older version or newer version then I would suggest just to use this.

If the latest Software is not working (again it is unclear from your post) then you will have to report this, as outlined already on multiple occasions in your older post's, via your Polycom reseller.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended
  • Is Version 5.2.3 working on all of your PC's apart from the mentioned DELL PC?
    Yes(we have completly disstribution of DELL PC latitude 6400 series)

• Is Version 5.2.5 working on all of your PC's apart from the mentioned DELL PC?
    Yes(we have completly disstribution of DELL PC latitude 6400 series)

BR

Yash Pal

HP Recommended
According to your reply everything works. This post does not make any sense.
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

please see my post proprly as i raise issue not with PC with only external camera as updated CMAD version(5.2.3) not recognizing external camera but older CMAD version(5.2.5) working fine with same camera

Make of Camera -Logitech

Model -V-UAM37

BR

Yash Pal

HP Recommended

Hello Yashpal,

I still cannot follow you post as you are contradicting yourself.

The CMAD 5.2.5 is the latest version, prior to that it was CMAD 5.2.4 and before that CMAD 5.2.3 and so on.

So we established that CMAD 5.2.5 is the current latest Software.

You then confirmed that both the old 5.2.3 and the new 5.2.5 is working with all your PC's

You then claim that the old 5.2.3 does not work with an external camera but the new 5.2.5 does

The release notes => here <= do not mention the camera type that you provided to be a supported camera.

Could you please kindly explain what version of CMAD works with your external camera and what version does not as I am currently understanding the new 5.2.5 to be working as written above in your latest reply.

The correct method of escalation any issues with a currently supported version (CMAD 5.2.5) has been outlined to yourselves.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

but when we install CMAD version 5.2.5 it always prompts to upgrade version and if we upgrade it give us opetion to upgrade software in version 5.2.3.

BR

Yash Pal

HP Recommended

Hello Yashpal,

what Version is installed on your CMA to provision?

Most likely you have only 5.2.3 on your CMA.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

HP Recommended

we have not installed any CMA desktop version on provising profille.

BR

Yash Pal

HP Recommended

issue has been resolved after format the PC

Thnaks for you support

BR

Yash Pal

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.