Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Colleagues! Please help me !

Where the records "My Contacts" are stored  ? On the server CMA4000 ? Where ? In the CMAD files I have not found them. 

I want that all users see the same contacts  in "My Contacts".

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Alexey,

Contacts are stored localy. For example:

Win 7 and CMAD 5.2.5:

C:\Users\<Windows User>\AppData\Roaming\Polycom CMA Desktop\<CMA User>\LocalDirectory.xml

Win XP and CMAD 5.1:

C:\Documents and Settings\User <Windows User>\Application Data\Polycom\Polycom CMA Desktop\<CMA User>\VVL_LocflDirectory.xml

Hope this could help.

WBR,

Mike

HP Recommended

Admin\Directory Setup\Include dynamically-managed devices in the Global Address Book

In this case the client will be shown in the GAB

In addition, if the CMA is integrated with AD, the client will be available base AD

And last: CMAD can import and export the local contacts

HP Recommended

If I add in "My Contacts" user  that is associated with QDX and is present in the GAB , I see record in  VVL_LocflDirectory.xml.

Next, I add in "My Contacts" user thats dynamically-managed device and dont include in the GAB and I dont see this record in  VVL_LocflDirectory.xml. But If I use a different PC and login with the same user, I see in "My Contacts" those user  which I included in "My Contacts"  on the first PC. Very interesting. Although, If I login over time on different PC or my PC, I can see in "My Contacts" not all dynamically-managed device users which I included in "My Contacts". It's not stable :-).

How can I do better? I havent AD.

Include users in the GAB, make standart "My Contacts" and export  (how ?) this to others CMAD users ?

HP Recommended

Контакты могут видеться по разному из-за настройки в самом клиенте:

Меню\общие\ограничить результаты поиска....

Экспортировать и импортировать локальный каталог можно также только в самом клиенте:

Меню\профиль пользователя (начиная с какой-то версии, версия 5.2.5 это точно поддерживает)

HP Recommended

Hello hab,

for the benefit of the community please keep post's in English.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

I have CMAD ver 5.1 because CMA4000 ver 5.5.0

HP Recommended

Upload on the CMA another version of the client

admin\software updates\automatic software updates

HP Recommended

CMAD 5.2 dont work with CMA4000 ver 5.5.0 (discussed in this forum) and some users based on old Intel Atom computers.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.