Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

how can I provssion the HDX camera settings using CMA scheduled provisioning. i need to set camera source to people and this option is not available. also there is no settings for camera 4 for HDX 8000

Please advise

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

privision the camera section in the schedule provisioning as well as on automatic provisioning in provisioning profille crated for endpoints if scheduled provisioning got failled in case.

Regards

Yash pal

HP Recommended

Hello Ahmed,

not knowing what CMA Version you are using may affect the answer that can be provided.

The CMA Help functionality in CMA 6.2.3 as an example list's this:

Specifies Motion or Sharpness for the video input. The default is Sharpness.
Motion — This setting is for showing people or other video with motion.
Sharpness — The picture will be sharp and clear, but moderate to heavy motion at low call rates can cause some frames to be dropped. Sharpness is available in point-to-point H.263 and H.264 calls only. It is recommended for HD calls between 1 Mbps and 2 Mbps.

Looking at Admin  >  Provisioning Profiles  >  Scheduled Provisioning Profiles => Edit or Create a profile and then choose Cameras => Video Quality.

If there is no option for Camera 4 that may either be by design or a bug. 

I suggest you liaise with your Polycom reseller and/or Polycom support.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen,

the CMA is on verion 6.0

the only options available provisioning are (camera names/icon and video quality motion or sharpness)

the video quailty only sets the prefered frame rate. the camera source pepole/content is not there and also Camera 4 is not available. I checked another SMA with version 5.5 and it also has the same.

if it is not available, do we need to raise a feature request?

HP Recommended

Hello Ahmed,

for example on a CMA 6.2.3 this is the option:

I suggest you update your CMA to a supported Version and any missing items need to be requested either as a feature request or if you believe this is a bug as a service ticket.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.