Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Trying to install CMA desktop on new Win 7/64 PC. Installation claims Adobe Air needs to be installed.  I tried both installing Adobe Air before trying to install CMA desktop and during the installation (allowing CMA install program to link me to Adobe's installation).

In both cases, the CMA install loops on claiming Adobe Air not installed,etc.  It's as if it never sees Adobe Air and won't proceed.

Any others see this?

sam

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

Hello Sam,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Have a look at the community search results => here <= when searching for the word adobe.

This is a known issue and a fix can be provided via Polycom support.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thank you, Steffen.

I've submitted a service request via web.  I'm hopeful I'll get a speedy reply.  But, it seems to me Polycom could save its customers and dealers a lot of time and effort by just posting the solution instead of playing this web game.

But, I'm grateful for your help and look forward to a solution.

Sam

HP Recommended

I've sent a service request but got back a reply that we're supposed to see our dealer.  This is unbelieveable!  This is apparently a known, reasonably easy problem to fix and Polycom wants to play this game.  Our dealer hasn't been responsive to our needs and despite the fact that we paid for our Polycom equipment, we're out in the cold because we chose Polycom for our videoconferencing equipment.

Unbelieveable!

HP Recommended

Hello Sam,

End Customer support is provided via the Polycom reseller.

The above reply already listed the search results where some users found work arounds for the issue.

Please supply me with your SR Number starting with 1- and I will follow this up internally and provide you with a Hot Fix if possible.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Nice answer.

I ran into this, and what I ended up doing was installing the RealPresence Desktop 3.0 client. The latest version just crashes when it opens on my desktop. If there's a fix for this I don't understand the shadow ops, or lack of notification.

Was this announced somewhere, should I sign up for a list?

HP Recommended

Hello Adam,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

In order to control this limited issue we ned to get this raised and tracked via support.

I had already provided the prior poster with a fix for this via hat method.

If an application crashes the same is applicable as we need to track this internally.

We simply cannot do this via the community here.

A new fixed version will be released in the future within our maintenance cycles.

Please ensure you always check the community FAQ and/or utilize the community search before posting any new topics or follow up post’s.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

HP Recommended

I am in the same boat. I would like some help as well. If it is a known issue, please send me the fix. I shouldn't have to contact my reseller/support for a known issue. Jeez - even Microsoft posts those for free.

I'll be talking with my Polycom rep about this as well.

HP Recommended
Hello DM

Did you check the support site yet?

The update has already been posted

Replied from a mobile device

HP Recommended

Yes, thanks.

I have been stuck in a infinite loop. I downloaded the latest CMA client, performed the upgrade in which AIR goes away just fine. I then log into the system and get the message below. I install, it says you already have a newer version..I know. I can skip it and continue though. I'll have to work on this..

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.