Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I know there have been lots of issues with this configuration in the past, but I am having trouble using CMA Desktop Mac from the outside in. I have the PC side of CMAD working perfectly with no problems at all. The H.460 firewall traversal, registering to the CMA gatekeeper, etc...

CMAD Mac 5.2 was supposed to fix these issues so I'm hoping it is just something I'm overlooking. I have successfully tested CMAD on a Mac on the outside of the network that was running OSX 10.6.8 (specifying the server address of the VBP-ST, domain\login,etc..). But, I am having problems with a client running 10.7.2. I have had them enable any exceptions on their Application Firewall and bypass their wireless router on their end.

I was getting a duplicate endpoint error on the VBP-ST, but that was because I had two instances in the client list for the same user with  different IP addresses (i.e. Logged in from separate locations). I deleted these and had them reregister so now their is only one H.323 client for their CMAD on the VBP-ST.

Still....when they log in, the CMA shows their endpoint as unregistered. The call stack initializes on their end, CMAD logs in, but no registration..They are also unable to make a call. I would be grateful for any help. Thanks

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

I have found the solution: the problem was not the Mac it was the user's 2-Wire Gateway modem's firewall. I have attached the solution I found.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.