Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have integrated AD partially successfully.

I can login to the web portal using my AD account.

I can import the AD groups and assign roles.

However, CMA desktop is not allowing me to login using my AD account. Local account if fine. The error when using my AD account is Make sure your user name and password are correct.

CMA Desktop 5.2.5
CMA 6.0.1

What am I missing?

Thank you

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

I am having this same issue, were you able to resolve this issue merdt? 

I can log into the cma server website without issue but when trying to sign into cma desktop, it tells me Check Username & Password. Even if I use my windows session credentials, I get the same error.

HP Recommended

This sounds like the issue caused by Microsoft KB3003657 oatch that came out a couple of months ago. If this patch is applied to your AD server then you will experience this problem. A patch for the CMA is is in the works to address this. It will be version 6.2.7 so you will need to either be running a 6.2.x version or have a current maintenance agreement in place in order to load the patch.

There is a workaround available but it is kind of complicated to describe here. The disadvantage is that this workaround does not survive a reboot of the CMA server. You would have to apply the workaround procedure after every reboot.

HP Recommended

I'm not sure if the patch would be the issue for my site because we have some users who are able to sign in without issue and just a couple users who are not able to sign in. Their accounts are not locked on CMA. We're still troubleshooting what might be causing this issue.

Thanks-Don

HP Recommended

You have users who can log in using their Active Directory domain credentials? if that is the case it isn't the Microsoft patch. That affects all users trying to use AD credentials to log in with CMA Desktop or the Real Presence Desktop clients.It doesn't affect logging in to the CMA GUI, though.

HP Recommended

Yes, some users can log in but there are a couple users who cannot log into cmad. So I don't think its the patch but something to do with either the local machine or roaming & local profiles. But not sure, since one user is on a MacBook and the other users are using Windows 7 x86 & x64 machines.

HP Recommended

At this point I think it would be best to open a Service Request. A packet capture from the CMA server taken during a failed log on attempt as well as the logs from the CMAD client would be needed to effectively troubleshoot this problem.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.