Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

when I try to schedule a conference using the CMA web interface between two endpoints I got the following results:

• Add two endpoints from Room list or at least one from room list and the other from guest book  --> the call done point to point normally.
  • Add two endpoints from guest book --> the call done through the MCU.

Is there any way to make a point to point call between two endpoints from guest book without involving the MCU?

CMA5000 software version is 5.5

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You can schedule P2P calls with the CMA. There is a conference template to always use MCU which was designed to make sure scheduled P2P calls would land on the MCU.

In you case, you may have a bug. Traditionally, the CMA will designate one edpoint to dial out and another to dial in in a P2P conference. The when the conference is launched, the CMA will telnet into one of the endpoints to initiate the video call.

The guesbook was designed to allow ISDN participants to be scheduled in the conference as ISDN or H320 endpoints obviously could not register via ISDN to the CMA. In this scenario, the guestbook participant would alwats land on the MCU.

The issue you may be seeing could be related to the byproduct of the orginial intent which never got updated. I would suggest calling into TAC to see if this is the case.

S.

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Ahmed; traditionally when I hear point-to-point call it means one endpoint is calling the other endpoint directly. If this is the case then you should not have to schedule the call through CMA; and the MCU will not be involved with the call. CMA will act as your gatekeeper, if it is configured that way and the endpoints are registered to it, then the point-to-point call will be completed by the endpoints calling each other using their E164 alias. Is CMA your gatekeeper? And, are your endpoints registered to CMA as their gatekeeper?

Tom

HP Recommended

Hi Tom.

the call is point to point yes but the customer need to schdeule the calls. there are more than 300 units and there min. 80 concurrent call. so it is better to schedule the calls which is a part of the CMA. CMA is used for management not only a gatekeeper.

HP Recommended

as I understand it, you have used CMA4000, make direct mode, the number of simultaneous connections will increase in two times. Router mode to CMA4000 big no advantage

HP Recommended

hi hab,

I have CMA5000 not CMA4000 and I'm talking about conference scheduling not a problem in the number of concurrent call.

HP Recommended

Hi,

does not matter which CMA 4000 or 5000 is used. The only purpose, out of my knowledge, is you can use the schedule service on CMA only to schedule Multipoint calls! There is no option to schedule Point-to-Point calls at all.

HP Recommended

You can schedule P2P calls with the CMA. There is a conference template to always use MCU which was designed to make sure scheduled P2P calls would land on the MCU.

In you case, you may have a bug. Traditionally, the CMA will designate one edpoint to dial out and another to dial in in a P2P conference. The when the conference is launched, the CMA will telnet into one of the endpoints to initiate the video call.

The guesbook was designed to allow ISDN participants to be scheduled in the conference as ISDN or H320 endpoints obviously could not register via ISDN to the CMA. In this scenario, the guestbook participant would alwats land on the MCU.

The issue you may be seeing could be related to the byproduct of the orginial intent which never got updated. I would suggest calling into TAC to see if this is the case.

S.

HP Recommended

Quote:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is contradictory what you are saying, the p2p is not a classical p2p as he wanted. Of course there is an option in the conference settings, but this even so is not a p2p. It is a dial-out scenario always on a MCU and by counting 80 concurrent calls and depending on the ports/resolution/speed they are using you can easily overload the bridge....

And btw. I tested it and it always setups the call via the bridge...

HP Recommended

Alex,

Please send a screenshot of the conference template specifically the always use MCU setting. What version of CMA are you using?

S.

HP Recommended

thasnks Simon,

I think it is logic that the CMA assumes that the endpoint from the guestbook is not registered and can not control it. so when both endpoints are from guestbook it doesn'r know how to access it to dial so it initite the call from the MCU.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.