Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi folks,

I have a really strange scheduling issue that I hope someone has come across - and resolved!

Just to give you the full story, we recently upgraded our CMA 5000 from 4 to 6.0 (no service pack 1, atm).  We also had a second RMX installed and 2 clustered DMA's, which are neighbored with the CMA. 

Now, when we schedule future conferences none of our endpoints are initially getting connected.  If we schedule a conference with the "Start Time" as Now, the conference starts and the participants are dialed.  Even with a 1 minute delay, it works as designed; however, if I even schedule the conference 5 minutes in the future, it doesn't call any of the participants.  If I remove a participant, then re-add them, it auto dials them and works....obviously this is an issue!

I've checked all system/gatekeeper and rmx logs and all communication seems fine, no errors or anything that looks suspicious.  I also scheduled a future conference from the RMX and it works fine, so this seems like an issue on the CMA side...

Is there a setting I've overlooked...it seems time related, even though all servers are configured with the same time server, and are showing the exact same times.   Maybe a keep alive setting?

I've really hit a wall on this one, and hope someone can help, or maybe point me in the right direction.  It has gone from being a fun challenge to frustrating!!

Thanks,

Curtis

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Curtis,

We've run into this issue a couple of times on CMA 6.0. We don't have a fix yet, but the issue has been sent to our engineering team to investigate.

HP Recommended

I resolved the issue.  As I suspected, it was a time sync issue between the RMX and CMA.  After I changed both devices to use the "Current Time" setting, our scheduled conferences are working perfectly. 

Still unsure as to why these devices are not liking our NTP server entries, but luckily it was an easy fix.

Curtis

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.