Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hi Guys,
i'm trying to integrate our CMA4000 with Cisco VCS (and VCS-EX), here is the scenario:

we have two different IP subnets that rappresent different geographical regions:

Rome: 192.168.1.x
Milan: 192.168.2.x

We have both Polycom and Cisco video infrastructure for demo reasons, and we want to fully integrate each other.
Please note that video infrastructure serves both regions (both Polycom and Cisco have interaction with these 2 subnets as we have Cisco\Polycom endpoints on both regions).

CMA4000 fall into 192.168.2.x, and it manage following zones (check attached screenshots)

RM-System: 192.168.1.x subnets  
MI-System: 192.168.2.x subnets
VBP-ST: this is for H460 connection with roaming CMAD

VCS-C is a defined neighbour GK into CMA config.

At this time we can work perfectly with prefixes (check attached screenshots for dial rules) and with public IP calls, however we cannot achieve URI calls: ie: abc@domain.com: these calls are processed by "local DS" dial rule and forwarded to the default gateway.
Do you have any suggestions?

Thanks
6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

CMA is limited in that way. But you can dial prefix plus the dial string withouth the @domain. CMA will see the prefix and send it to the VCS. The VCS is very flexible with it's dial string transforms. You can configure a transform or a search rule on the VCS to look for the prefix, strip it, and add @domain to it.

Good luck.

HP Recommended

Hi Conrad,

thanks for your support.

To be honest that was my thought, i tried many different variation and the only one working was a prefix based dial plan.

I'll try to fit it in myu company scenario 🙂

Cheers

HP Recommended

Daniele,

Have you tried editing the site in the CMA site topology and adding the VCS-C IP address as the ALG and check the box for: send unmodified dial string? If you want to try this, please wait 10 munites for the gatekeeper site topology changes to take effect. You would need to edit all the sites that you can call from or to with this setting.

S.

HP Recommended

Hi Simons,

i'm pretty sure i tried  this in the past, but i don't think i have waited 10 mins...so probably i have to redo this.

As soon as i'll have a timeslot out of business hour i'll give it a try.

Thanks

HP Recommended

sounds good. All site topology settings gets immediately updated in the database. But it takes a while for the CMA application to read and update the internal memory from the DB. I guess this was one way of speeding up the bandwidth calculations by having the data stored in RAM as opposed to a DB on a file system.

Keep me know your results...

S.

HP Recommended

Hello,

Can you confirm CMA 4000 release 5.0 does have the Send Unmodified Dial string  ? I am curious cause we do have the issue where CMA will send this format address to VCS : h323:@0.0.0.0 this prevents any dial string ALIAS+IP to be sent.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.