Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

HI All , 

need all your help through here  , recently i have a cma 400 have join domain  , cma was sucessful join domain  , after join domain step done , when i proceed to login through web browser ,  i am able to login using local acc , but i was not able to login using my domain username and password once i select my domain .

thanks 

9 REPLIES 9
HP Recommended

What "exact" message are you getting when you try to log into your CMA using your Doman account?

Gary M

HP Recommended

HI , 

Thanks for your reply , by the way do u have any guide how to join domain for cma .

thanks 

HP Recommended

Please take a screen print of the error message so I may  help you with your problem.

Thanks,

Gary M

HP Recommended

HI Gary , 

here is the message i got during i login using ad acc 

Login failed because no role is associated with the user.  Please contact your system administrator.

thanks 

HP Recommended

Ok, that is what I thought....  You ARE able to authenticate with AD/LDAP but the problem is, CMA does not know what "Roles" you are allowed to have with that User ID so CMA refuses to allow you to log in.

What you need to do is give your User ID (Domain) a role like administrator/schedule/etc..   You can do this by logging into CMA with the local admin (must have the name admin) account and go to users.  Then "uncheck" the box that says local users only and search for your user id.   When you find it, give it the roles you want it to have.

The other way is to give the "Group" your user id is in the "Role".. 

Hope that helps !

Gary M

HP Recommended

Hi Gary , 

i encounter this error message during set up group 

Failed to set group members.

thanks

HP Recommended

Hi Gary , 

do we need to set on the single sing on at the enterprise directory

thanks

HP Recommended

Sounds like it didn't find the group.  Did you try to give a role to a specific user ?   Make sure that works, then you know you are fighting a "Group" issue from LDAP.

Also, SSO (Single Sign On) is ONLY used for Auto login for CMA/D.  It has nothing to do with this problem.

Gary M

HP Recommended

I have added all user roles for my AD account, so I can login into CMA web portal as an admin using AD credentials.

However, CMA desktop is not allowing me to login.  

What am I missing?

Thank you

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.