Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello All,

Can someone confirm should the RPAD accept an inbound H.323 call from a source on the internet with the destination being e164@domain.com. When doing this, and investigating the RPAD call history for the call, I can see the LRQ was received but the RPAD responds with an LRJ with a reason of securityDenial:0

The RPAD handles the same call with e164@ipaddress without issue.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Jason,

since you are seeing an LRQ, this would mean the call was being routed by another gatekeeper. This scenario is called B2B and requires some additional configuration. What is happening is the call is coming in and the domain part to compared to the domain list for federation. Since there is no match, the call is dropped. when you dial via IP, there is nothing to compare against, and the call goes through.

I would suggest waiting for the next update which I hear has added support for Open B2B call scenarios like then one you describe.

S.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the response simons. Your assesment is correct, the call is coming in from a VCS Expressway. 

I've configured a federation for this VCS, which seems to let the call pass through the RPAD however at the DMA when viewing the call history it is showing the destination as unresolved. Should it be possible to get this working?

HP Recommended

Yes - it should still work this way. If it is making it to the DMA, then there is something going on with the DMA call processing. Maybe you have domains configured and the call coming in has a domain that does not match any in the list.

I would take an endpoint that is registered to the DMA and place the call using the same dial string. Then you can look through the call history to see if can find the failure, if any.

S.

HP Recommended

Hi there,

I have seen this same issue, if a call comes into the RPAD on H.323 from a VCS Expressway it gets a "securitydenial" message. The call then interworks to SIP and then hits the DMA and proceeds.

The workaround to get H323 to work from a VCS Expressway to RPAD is to dial @IP_ADDRESS instead of @SIP_DOMAIN

I have noticed on three seperate environments this exact issue so I expect there is a problem with the RPAD when accepting H.323 Domain dialled calls from the VCS.

Note: I have noticed from a Polycom RPAD to Polycom RPAD H.323 Domain dialling works.

The RPAD dev team probably should do some more testing with RPAD and VCS given how popular both platforms are. Would be nice to get this fixed.

HP Recommended

Hello Rocka Midgey,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

Please ensure that you work with our support team directly on this as we require the relevant logs and configuration details.

We cannot do this via the community so it is extremely vital that the correct procedures are followed.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.