Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Since we haven't yet had an RPG to play with is it reasonable to assume SS-CSeries integrate with RPG systems the same as HDXs.  Through the standard Walta Mic Port?

Any caveats we should be aware of?

Pete

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello Pete,

do you mean the new group series codecs?

If yes then the connectivity has not changed and the usual cabling is being used as far as I am aware.

The SoundStructure should be on the latest available build as well.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Hello Pete,

do you mean the new group series codecs?

If yes then the connectivity has not changed and the usual cabling is being used as far as I am aware.

The SoundStructure should be on the latest available build as well.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Thanks Steffen.  Somehow I thought this answer would have to come from someone on the "inside". Am I the only one who finds it amusing that RPG also stands for Rocket Propelled Grenade LOL.

Pete

HP Recommended

petet,

we have an experience with RPG 500 and SST integration.

It is working well. Connection cables are the same, just strictly follow documentation.

One major drawback I found is that RPG does not support PSTN connection. So you cannot easily add an external audio participant into the call in case of need or use SST in the room for audio calls only.

SST has ability to add PSTN calls but you need too separte remote controls to handle PSTN calls on SST and Video calls on RPG.

Though it is not a problem if you have working H.323 gateway or SIP trunk which can dial to PSTN

HP Recommended

I have a setup with one Soundstructure C12, one RealPresence Group 500, two Polycom Ceiling microphones and 3 stereo program audio inputs and 3 stereo outputs. 

The two microphones is connected in series so there is only one cable in to the SS-C12 C-link ports. But I can't get the RPG500 and the microphones to work at the same time. Seems that I can not get any response from what is connected to the second C-link port. Both RPG500 and mics works fine on the first port alone so I dont think there are any cabling issues.

Does the RPG500 needs to be in series with the microphones, or are there any other tricks to get both the RPG500 and ceiling mics to work at the same time on the SS C12?

I have for a year ago done another setup with one SS C12, one HDX 7000, two Polycom Ceiling microphones and 3 analog inputs. This setup works just fine and the microphones are on the first c-link port and the codec on the second.

HP Recommended

Take a look at SoundStructure Hardware Installation Guide. Note on p. 2-9 states:

----------------

Connect any HDX microphones to the right Conference Link2 port (when facing the
rear panel).
Connect the Polycom HDX video conference system to the left Conference Link2
port (when facing the rear panel).

----------------

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.