Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I need to find some documentation on connectivity with the sound structure and the mitel 3300. My customer has the VOIP interface card but cannot connect it. I know that the mitel does not support std voip connection so SIP maybe the way forward.

Please help as I cannot find anything relevant on the web.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello smithm03,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The VoIP interface in the SoundStructure matches the current Polycom UCS 4.0.x Software.

The 8400 Spectralink WiFi Series has been tested and verified with the Mitel 3300 and a Interop Guide can be found => here <=

Please check in the Community's VoIP Section FAQ if you have any other queries.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

Hi Steffen

Sorry, I do not think I explained myself properly...

The customer has a VOIP interface card on the sound structure and they need to connect this to the Mitel, is this supported?

I am not wanting to add any devices to the sound structure, just use it as a gateway to the mitel.

Do I need to setup a SIP trunk or user on the mitel system?

Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello smithm03,

the VoIP Card in the SoundStructure is an Endpoint that Terminates a SIP Extension. Just like the analog Card before was like a simple Telephone.

Your Customer will need to setup a 3rd Party SIP Extension as explained in the hyperlink I provided and add the SIP Extensions details in the VoIP Card of the SoundStructure.

They can then make and receive calls via this SIP Extension.

I am not sure if any Interop testing has been done with Mitel and the SoundStructure but as the VoIP Card is basically a stripped down VVX500 and the UCS 4.0.x Software has been tested against the Mitel 3300 I do not see an issue.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.