Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a new 8240 UC. The DECT USB adapter should flash blue when on a call (and it does).   But it also flashes occasionally (sometimes often) when I'm not on a call and the headset is on the base.  The LED light on the headset flashes at the same time.  I could see an occasional "phoning home" to check the connection, but sometimes this will happen every few minutes or practically constantly for a while.  Or it may go hours without it happening.  What does this mean?

This unit is a warranty replacement for another 8240 UC which did the same thing, and would also disconnect when on a call, and then reconnect on its own.  I haven't had this one long enough to know if it is going to have connection issues when I'm on a call, but I'm a little paranoid.  

Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks,

Faye

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

The behaviour on the USB adapter's LED is the "audio sensing" feature. This is used to auto establish the link between headset and dongle to play audio. When D200 is set as the default playback device it plays all general audio from the OS. So short sounds like mail messages or windows notification messages play but as DECT link is not fast enough to establish for short sounds you don't hear the short sound but will just see the blue blinking. Audio sensing can be disabled in Poly Hub application but then you would need to manually open the link if you want to listen to audio on the pc. For more info/support please contact our support via headset.helpline@poly.com

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

The behaviour on the USB adapter's LED is the "audio sensing" feature. This is used to auto establish the link between headset and dongle to play audio. When D200 is set as the default playback device it plays all general audio from the OS. So short sounds like mail messages or windows notification messages play but as DECT link is not fast enough to establish for short sounds you don't hear the short sound but will just see the blue blinking. Audio sensing can be disabled in Poly Hub application but then you would need to manually open the link if you want to listen to audio on the pc. For more info/support please contact our support via headset.helpline@poly.com

HP Recommended

Thanks for the quick response.  This makes perfect sense!  I do indeed have the headset set as the default playback device most of the time.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.