Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Savi 8210 UC.  Dell Laptop with Bluetooth dongle and Bluetooth mouse and Keyboard.  I installed the Desktop Hub software and it disabled my Bluetooth dongle and attached Mouse and Keyboard.  Why ?

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Hello @XJW  ,

Welcome to the Poly Community. 

This is very unlikely, and not a known issue. HUB is like any other software on your operating system and it has no way to interfere with Bluetooth devices. It specifically looks for Poly headsets via USB connections when you use HUB. Pleas try the basic troubleshooting for Bluetooth accessories as advised by Dell support link:

https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-in/000132534/guide-for-pairing-and-troubleshooting-dell-blueto...

You can also look for 2nd link below which also suggests some useful tips:

https://www.systweak.com/blogs/how-to-resolve-dell-wireless-keyboard-mouse-not-working-problem/

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Bhupender

HP Recommended

Hmmmm.

I have provided screenshots showing before and after application of the hub software. 

I have reproduced the defect multiple times.

HP Recommended

Hello @XJW,

This needs to be investigated further but it will always be good idea to connect with your PC vendor to see if they can eliminate/identify any PC driver or OS settings to fix the issue. Because it seems like an isolated issue at the moment and we are not aware of any such issues being reported by other users however you are welcome to raise it further.

Troubleshooting or providing support via the community is outside the scope for myself as an Poly employee. Please raise a ticket with Poly Technical Support.

You will need to provide the following:

• Provide HUB verbose logs (if reproducible)
• Video of issue if possible as it will help visualize the issue.
• -Serial number or firmware version of headset/speaker/USB dongle when issue is noticed.
• Softphone version in use.

• Make and model of your PC and its OS version in use.

Best regards

Bhupender

HP Recommended

i'm very surprised that this is not solved yet or it is a questionmark for the support as "we do not are aware of this"

I tried it to two different desktops, windows 10, one bluetooth dongle. My keyboard and mouse uses the Bluetooth, i installed the hub software and immediately after finished the bluetooth icon disappears from the tray area and nothing is working. I have the Plantronics Voyager 5200 and i'm using along with the bluetooth dongle the dongle that come with the headset in order to get all the features thus need to install the hub software.

You uninstall the software, click finish, NO REBOOT and magically the bluetooth icon appears again and keyboard mouse works. This happens with the 

Is there a solution ?

HP Recommended

any news ? any comments ?

HP Recommended

Hello @Vassilis 

Welcome back to the Poly Community.

As this community is run by volunteers (who may be Poly employees) we are most likely unable to help as we would need to check for more details.

I can only suggest, if you want an official answer, to get this into our official support organisation.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
HP Recommended

where is the official support Organization link

i tried to navigate through the site and came across some dead links like in help section .

So can you provide the correct link to open an official ticket on this

HP Recommended

Hello @Vassilis 

stating dead links without providing us with info where these were found does not help us, volunteers.

Official support can be requested via phone or web https://www.poly.com/us/en/support

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.