Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I have a Savi W740.

It does not have the base where you can charge the battery on the side.

Is it possible to charge an extra battery while using the headset.

If I have an extra headset, is it possible to place it on the cradle while using another.

thanks

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

The easiest way would be changing your charging craddle to W745 model (84600-01) or buying either of those:

- charging base (86005-01) with charge craddle for spare headset (84600-01)

- USB deluxe charger (84602-01)

I can see those are still in price list, so you should be fine. Just double check it with your local Pole reseller.

HP Recommended

It is not recommended to charge a battery while using a headset, as it can cause overheating and pose a potential safety hazard. It is best to turn off the headset and disconnect it from any power source before charging the battery. Additionally, it is important to only use the designated charging equipment and cables that are provided by the manufacturer, to ensure proper and safe charging of the battery.

HP Recommended

tulaib.saleem@gmail.com wrote:

It is not recommended to charge a battery while using a headset, as it can cause overheating and pose a potential safety hazard. It is best to turn off the headset and disconnect it from any power source before charging the battery. Additionally, it is important to only use the designated charging equipment and cables that are provided by the vsco mod apk manufacturer, to ensure proper and safe charging of the battery.

furthermore, 

1. Connect the charger to a power source, such as a wall socket or a USB port on a computer.
  2. Connect the other end of the charger to the headset's charging port, usually found on the side or bottom of the device.
  3. While the headset is connected to the charger, you can continue to use it. However, keep in mind that charging a battery while using the device may increase the charging time compared to charging it when it's turned off or not in use.
  4. Once the battery is fully charged, disconnect the charger from the headset and from the power source. It's important to check the manufacturer's instructions for specific details regarding the charging process for your headset, as different models may have different charging requirements.
HP Recommended

Hello, Regarding your Savi W740 headset, it is not possible to charge an extra battery while using the headset. The headset needs to be placed on the base to charge the battery. However, if you have an extra headset, you can place it on the cradle while using another. The base of the Savi W740 is designed to hold up to three headsets, allowing you to easily switch between them. I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.