Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I am currently looking at a complete system install of 10 sites for use in an educational environment.

Since this system will be used across all 10 sites, 5 days a week, and 7 periods a day, the scheduling

component must be exact and be able to handle all the connections each day.

My concern is that with only one bridge if it fails the whole system goes down.

Now since all the traffic from all the sites flows through the bridge I am looking at installing 2 bridges

so that if one fails the second one will handle all the traffic.

I am looking for input on this idea of installing two bridges or is there a better idea?

Thanks

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

It is a common way to provide the reliable VC network. In addition to redundant bridges you will need a management tool to automating the switching between them. Take a look at DMA 7000 >>> here <<< and >>> here <<<.

WBR,

Mike

HP Recommended

to traffic can automatically switch between the bridges, you need to register it on the gatekeeper. I use the CMA. On both RMX prescribed MR with the same numbers. If the main bridge is disabled, all traffic is redirected to the backup bridge. For the user, everything is transparent, allowing the user does not know what a bridge, he connected, in any case, he dials the same number of the conference.

HP Recommended

)));-0

IMHO this way can not be recommended for common use. By my mind this must lead to the alias conflict and as a result to the impossibility to use the summary resources of both RMXs.

HP Recommended

conflicts do not arise. An example is shown in the attached file. Conference rooms 700011xx spelled out on bridges 7000004 and 7000009. If the bridge 7000004 is not available, it will officiate the service MCU number 7000009. If desired, the user can directly connect to the desired him to the bridge, calling 7000009700011xx or 7000004700011xx. The CMA all prescribed simpler and clearer, and runs faster.

HP Recommended

Can we get an official Polycom response to this thread, please.

HP Recommended

Administrator manual to CMA written very briefly. There are just items on the menu. Examples given a few and insufficient. Particularly in the use of CMA as a gatekeeper. If anyone has the need to learn more about the capabilities of CMA more, I can share the experience of using CMA

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.