Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Good Morning,

I am attempting to dial a VTC Codian Bridge from a RMX4000. I have attempted a few dialing strings/methods but have not had any success. Can anyone please advise the correct fields in which I should input the room information? Also, possible settings that need to be made with the cascade settings?

When I have tried inputting the security number into the Alias Name, the RMX will no longer attempt to dial out, stays in a disconnected state. Also, there is a 3 digit security code and then the room number for the VTC. As soon as I remove any Alias Names I can hit the VTC entry.

Thank you in advance.

8 REPLIES 8
HP Recommended

Your attachment doesn't show how you are dialing the other VTC. In my example, the RMX is dialing an alias which gets routed by the gatekeeper to an Avaya Gateway. If you are dialig by IP address, then you wouldn't use the alias field. The main reason to use the alias field, like my example, is when there is a dial rule created on your gatekeeper.

The extension field is probably what you need to configure. Notice the lower case "p". This inserts a pause. You may have to play around with the number of p to get the timing right.

Here is an example of what I recently used. I hope it helps.

RMXbCapture.JPG

S.

HP Recommended

Simons,

It appears that your picture is not working correctly.

I have attached a couple of images of how I was attempting to dial, I have also tried some other variations but still have not had success. Included in the variations was inputting the information from the alias name to the extension/identifier string.

I look foward to seeing the picture you originally attempted to upload.

Ryan

HP Recommended

Simmons,

Also, I believe the VTC requires a ## to enter the DTMF mode. However I could be incorrect. I am continuing to research.

HP Recommended

I have included the image as an attachement for your review.

S.

HP Recommended

In this example, we used 5 "p" because of a long "welcome to XYZ conference service" IVR. In your screenshots, you have everything in the alias field which will not work. In your example, you may need - ppp123#ppp4567##.

S.

HP Recommended

Simons,

I understand the p's and how those work to get the timing correct although its not registering the #s or the digits I have entered in that field. As I mentioned before I tried entering information not only in the alias name but also in the extension/identifier string.

Is there a reason you have yours stroked as Audio Only?

Ryan

HP Recommended

In the example I have, it was an audio only bridging service we were connecting to.

How are you verifying this is not working correctly? In our case, we connected another endpoint so we can hear the IVR prompts from the far side. This gave us information as to 5 pauses instead of 3 which we used initially. Maybe you are not waiting long enough. You might want to try it as audio only as well to eliminate any potential video issues.

If this doesn't work, then I am afraid we have exhausted all available resources provided by this forum. It would be time to contact the support line to have someone go through with you in real time and look at the logs. The RMX may be sending the incorrect or to short DTMF tones. This would be gleamed by looking at the logs.

S.

HP Recommended

You may try adding the flag:

GAIN_AUDIO_FOR_DTMF_FORWARDING

Value = 8  (default = 4)

Thanks.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.