Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

I'm trying to find documentation for configuring an H.323 trunk between the RMX our Avaya infrastructure to enable audio-only participants in our Video Conferences.  After searching both Polycom's and Avaya's sites, I have found a few documents that reference setting up the RMX to use Avaya as the primary gatekeeper, but we currently use CMA as a gatekeeper for video and I'd prefer not to change that.

Does anyone have experience with this type of configuration?  Is there anywhere I can look that would help explain this configuration?

Thanks-

Greg

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Avaya locks down all of their interoperability through key-codes. So if you want to be able to set up communication between an Avaya and a Polycom, you have to go through Avaya and they have a code which will unlock the feature. They also have white-papers on those integrations from the Avaya side. As for the RMX, it will answer anything that is presented to its call signalling IP address, so there is no special configuration you need to do in order to answer calls.

HP Recommended

Unfortunately we do not jhave any updated documentation about this. However, since you are using the CMA as your gatekeeper, I would recommend creating the H323 trunk from the Avaya to the CMA.

On the CMA, you would simply create a neighbored gatekeeper statement which uses the IP address of the Avaya CM. You will need to also add a dial rule so calls can reach the Avaya correct. Select a prefix other than 9, like 88, and set it to route to a trusted neighbor (which you created previously).

As far as the Avaya side, you will need their help to configure the Avaya portion.

I hope this helps,

S.

HP Recommended

We have recently created a H.323 trunk between our Avaya Communications Manager 5.2.1 system and our Polycom CMA4000. The Avaya server is set up as a Neighbouring Gatekeeper and they communicate with each other.

See the attached document on how to configure this.

This has allowed us to do the following:

1. Dialling a Polycom endpoint from an Avaya phone (audio only)

2. Dialling a Polycom endpoint from an Avaya One-X Communicator phone (audio & video)

3. Dialling an Avaya phone (audio only) from a Polycom endpoint

4. Dialling an Avaya One-X Communicator phone (audio & video) from a Polycom endpoint

5. Dialling a Polycom endpoint from an external ISDN (via Avaya)

6. Dialling into an RMX Conference from and Avaya One-X Communicator phone (audio & video.

We are still trying to get the following working:

1. Dialling into an RMX Conference from an Avaya phone (audio only)
  2. Dialling out from a Polycom endpoint or conference via an Avaya ISDN trunk.

HP Recommended

what about between Avaya CM 6.2 and Polycom CMA4000 6.0 ? any docs or solution?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.