Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

RMX 2000 V7.2 with MPMx  30cif

When i manage the RMX 2000   VIA control IP ,it shows the major error:McuMngrMPL failure - product activation indication was not received

RMX 2000 didn't dectect the MPMx Card ,three LED  is off.it was the same to chang another slot..

RMX 2000 neither get the Hardware Informaiton.it is blank.

I think there are some hardware problems with the RMX 2000, i want to know which part has problem,MPM Card,or IP Card,or CNTL ?

Please find more details  in the Attachments,Thank You........

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Drifter,

MPL failure is most often caused by the RTM IP card having a bad software image. I would recommend performing a card recovery procedure to force a code rewrite from the control card.

Here is a PDF that details the procedure:

ftp://ftp.polycomsupport.info/pub/NSD/RMX2000/Card%20Recovery%20Procedure.pdf

It takes 25-30 minutes, during which time the RMX is not responsive. It is usually a good idea to make sure you have a healthy maintinence window ahead of time, as these recoveries can often times take longer to complete. And do not manually reboot the RMX during the recovery procedure, as rebooting the bridge while the software is being written to the cards can damage the device.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

Drifter,

MPL failure is most often caused by the RTM IP card having a bad software image. I would recommend performing a card recovery procedure to force a code rewrite from the control card.

Here is a PDF that details the procedure:

It takes 25-30 minutes, during which time the RMX is not responsive. It is usually a good idea to make sure you have a healthy maintinence window ahead of time, as these recoveries can often times take longer to complete. And do not manually reboot the RMX during the recovery procedure, as rebooting the bridge while the software is being written to the cards can damage the device.

HP Recommended

Hi Alki

i can't download the file via

Can you sent me another link,thank you very much...............

HP Recommended

Drifter,

Lately, people have been having issues doing nslookups on our polycomsupport.info domain, try this link:

ftp://140.242.225.51/pub/NSD/RMX2000/Card%20Recovery%20Procedure.pdf

That is the same server, but linked by IP address instead. That should work for you.

HP Recommended

Hi Alki,

I had the same problem. i'm trying to do Card Recovery Procedure for RMX2000 with MPM+ card. after inserting the USB key with LanConfigUtility.exe and Lan.cfg, and do the following.

I  press and hold down the Standby button while turning ON the RMX system. The Shelf Manager LEDs (ERR, RDY, ACT) turn ON and flicker rapidly. When the Shelf Manager LEDs begin to flash at a slower rate, wait 5  (also tried wait to 10 seconds) seconds before releasing the Standby button.

the problem that The Shelf Manager LEDs (ERR, RDY, ACT) are keep flash slowly while the HS leds on CPU and MPM+ card is keep blinking.

do i missing anything? is USB stick is mandatory? how to make sure that RMX detected the USB?

Please advise

HP Recommended

the link given is still not working 

HP Recommended

Hello Arun Nair,

welcome to the Polycom Community.

The original Link was posted back in 2011 and the last post on this was 2013.

I suggest you reach out to Polycom support if you need this urgently. I will try and get this updated if possible.

Please ensure to provide some feedback if this reply has helped you so other users can profit from your experience.

Best Regards

Steffen Baier

Polycom Global Services

------------------------------------------------
Notice: I am an HP Poly employee but all replies within the community are done as a volunteer outside of my day role. This community forum is not an official HP Poly support resource, thus responses from HP Poly employees, partners, and customers alike are best-effort in attempts to share learned knowledge.
If you need immediate and/or official assistance for former Poly\Plantronics\Polycom please open a service ticket through your support channels
For HP products please check HP Support.

Please also ensure you always check the General VoIP , Video Endpoint , UC Platform (Microsoft) , PSTN
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.