Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have setup a RMX 1500 with Lync 2010 and it can host video conference without any issue. I have deployed this at a customer site as a POC and joined seven concurrent users for the AV conference. But the issue is when I'm going to share a presentation to the existing conference, the sharing user is disconnected from the conference and no meeting content request is sent to other users. Please let me know if there is any solution for this.

Regards,

Thisaru Perera.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hello Thisaru,

content sent from Lync to an RMX is not currently supported, because Microsoft Lync clients and Polycom RMX use different protocols for content sharing.
Lync clietns use RDP.
Polycom RMX and Polycom endpoints use BFCP or H.239.

RMX can transmit a content from standard endpoint (H.323\SIP) to lync client in the people video stream, and Lync user sees the content in the video window.

When Lync shares content in the RMX'x conference, the other participants doesn’t see any content at all.

But Polycom has an solution - the RealPresence Content Sharing Suite. CSS allows both send/recieve content from/to Lync clients and RMX.

http://www.polycom.com/content/www/en/products-services/products-for-microsoft/lync-interoperable/co...

Regards

HP Recommended

Hi Bazzuck,

To be very clear my question, I will explain what is the scenario I have tested there. 

I have created a meeting room inside the RMX 1500 and Lync Server also has a Lync enabled user which has the same name as meeting room. So, Lync client shows this meeting room's presence as well because that user is created inside the RMX 1500 and meeting room is available to dial. So, we have intialized a video conference with meeting room using 7 different Lync enabled users and we are good to go. In this case every Lync user is dialing the meeting room and get connected to the meeting room. With the help of RMX 1500 we are having a multi-party video conference without any issue.

For the same video conference, I am going to share a presentation with conference attendees. So, I just shared a presentation to the existing video conference. It means that presentation has to get shared with meeting room right? So, attendees will see the presentation by using Lync client. But here this is not the expected outcome. The user who shares the presentation to the video conference is getting disconnected from the conference.

Please be kind enough to let me know very clearly about this matter because I'm bit confused with the response you have provided previously. Earlier I got to know that content sharing is working with RMX 1500 when clients are Lync to Lync. RealPresence Content Sharing Suite is used when content sharing between Lync client to RPD client right?

Please correct me if I'm wrong here and please let me know the currently supported scenario.

Regards,

Thisaru Perera.

HP Recommended

Ok.

I'm sorry, if my answer wasn't clear enough.

You are connecting Lync clients to an meeting room on RMX, trying to share a presentation from Lync client and it's not working.

Your scenario doesn't work, because Lync client uses RDP protocol for content sharing, but RMX supports only BFCP and H.239

You can share content between Lync clients in a multipoint conference if:

1) You will use only Microsoft AV MCU (standard lync conference)

2) Implement RealPresence Content Sharing Suite solution.

Please take a look at Content Sharing Suite Administrator's guide 1.3

I guess if you read this guide everything will be clear.

also you can check community's posts about a content sharing between Polycom and Microsoft, >just use the search tool<

Regards

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.