Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi!

I can't scheduled any conference on RMX using the CMA. The RMX are registered in CMA and I've checked that the conference profile on CMA has the same name than the conference profile on RMX. But when I schedule a conference on the CMA, the CMA doesn't send the information to RMX. The point-point scheduled conference works properly.

I've reviewed the logs and I've seen that appear a message which says: "Ip cost of 16". Could it be the problem? It's so strange because I'm able to call meeting rooms from any endpoint and the CMA monitor view shows the current conferences on the RMX.

Do you have any idea what the problem is?

Thank!!

Lula

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Lula

When you say RMX is registered to CMA are you checking using the CMA Network Device Monitor View?  Have you tried reseting the RMX?  Last time our CMA stopped booking calls on RMX a quick reset corrected the problem.  Good luck.

HP Recommended

Hi Helix,

I checked it at monitor view and I've seen that the RMXmanager is registered though the MCU/GW is not registered. Anyway, I've tried resetting the RMX and the CMA twice...But It doesn't work either.

Thanks!

HP Recommended

Lula,

In order to schedule correctly from the CMA to the RMX, you should have 2 devices registered with CMA which represents your RMX. On the RMX, under Rarely Used > IP Network Service > IP Network Services - then Properties > Gatekeeper tab, you should have specified your CMA by IP address as the gatekeeper. This will automatically create and register one device for the RMX in the CMA.

The other device you will need to manually create. The CMA scheduler actually uses this device to schedule conferences on the RMX. In CMA, go to Network Device, Monitor View, select Add. The type should be RMX.

Here is my screenshot of my RMX in the CMA for reference. Both device records are needed for scheduling.

CMACapture.JPG

S.

HP Recommended

Might be useful to specify what each IP for the registered RMX are - as one is control and one is the signalling server

HP Recommended

Hi,

Finally we resolved the problem. We had the digit ID limit in the RMX to 2 digits and the CMA was configured to create conference with 4 digit. We change the limited in the RMX and it became to work properly.

Thanks for your help!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.