Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hello all...

I've got PCO installed and partially working.  When I create an invitation in Outlook, and hit the conference button, I get an area of the invite with "VMR ENCODED TOKEN", but the portion driven by the template does not appear.  I click on/off the Polycom invite a few times, and sometimes I do get the information from the template (but don't, more often than not).  The attached image is most typical. 

Anyone else having trouble getting a consistent meeting invite with template information?

Best,

Brandon

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Brandon,

Did you ever find a solution to this problem? I have a user with the same issue.

Thanks,

Mark

HP Recommended

Mark,

Does this happen to one user or all users? Does it work ok for any user? This helps narrow down the issue to either software or permissions. What is not happening is the word RTF template is not being programmatically imported into the meeting invite. This could be because of several reasons. I would start by checking the version of .Net framework. I noticed MS has released some more versions which I am pretty sure Polycom did not test. There is also a newer version of PCO that was released, mainly to address the certificate signing popup about the certificate expired. Next I would turn my attention to the event viewer and enter a filter of OUTLOOK or VSTO. See if there are any clues in there which may lead you to the root cause.

S.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your reply! I will check the next time I am able to connect with the customer.

Another bit of interesting information, he indicated it worked ok when he was at home however, when he got to the office it didn't work again. He even disabled all of his network connections while at the office, still the same issue. 

HP Recommended

Sorry, it does work ok for almost all of the users. We have a few that we are unable to fix. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.