Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Hi all,

I have a new installation of three HDX6000's which are being used for People+Content. In a normal site-to-site conference audio, video and content are all fine. However if I want to make a 3-way call using all of the units I have to use my MGC-100 as the HDX6000 does not support conference calling locally on the codec.

Whilst video and content are fine, the audio is severely distorted no matter what audio setting I choose (16, 24, 56 etc). It is only meeting rooms where H.239 content is enabled where this problem occurs. The MGC is on version 9.0.1.8 and I have disabled StereoSound on the HDX6000's to ensure this is not at fault. I've also increased all the call rates but this still does not resolve the issue. Has anyone come accross anything like this before?

Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hey,

The first thought that comes to mind is what hardware version are your audio cards?

If you right click on the cards and go to properties, you can see the HW version. If they are 1.23.0:

123audio.jpg

The I would recommend calling into PGS at 1-888-248-4143 to get them upgraded. There are a lot of audio issues that can be resolved by migrating away from the legacy audio cards, so anytime you see a bridge having audio issues with the 1.23.0 HW version, we recommend upgrading them to the 1.24.0.

If you are already on 1.24 cards, then I would recommend trying the test with the codec set to basic mode. That will force it to use standard G.711 audio, which can help determine whether this is an audio codec issue.

HP Recommended

Hi,

The cards are version 1.24.0 and I have tried differing the audio settings as recommended but the audio is still garbled - the best description I can come up with is it sounds like having your head underwater.

Could this be an issue with software revision on the MGC itself? I can't see anything in the settings that would explain this in meeting rooms with H.239 enabled, nor can I see anything in the logs.

HP Recommended

Hmm, I'm not aware of any audio quality issues specific to version 9.0.1, but it is slightly out of date so an upgrade to 9.0.4 might help...

I would try soft downing the card first. To do a soft down, you open up the IP terminal (just right click on the bridge in the manager to open it) and type:

soft_down [slot #] 100

So to soft down slot 4,

soft_down 4 100

And then you reset the card from the manager. If you keep watching in the IP terminal, you should see some spew about downloading software to the units on that card and then some symbols flashing accross the terminal to indicate the progress.

If that doesn't help, I would try an upgrade and if THAT doesn't help, then I would call in to 1-888-248-4143 and work with one of our techs to identify the root cause and come up with a solution.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.