Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have an MGC +100 running software version 9.0.1.8.

Does the MGC or the software version have any issues with H.239 people + content?

I've found that the specification for H.239 is that it will handle XGA  resolution (1024x768). But when we try to send H.239 through the bridge, the end points get a flash of video, then a black screen.

If we reduce the resolution to SVGA (800X600) It seems to work OK.

Any thoughts?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

Have you checked your Dual Stream Mode on the conference you are using to test?

MGCH239.jpg 

It sounds like you may have it set to (Graphics), as it is in the above example. But there is also a setting for (High-res Graphics) which will enable you to send content at higher resolutions.

I would recommend checking that setting and seeing if that resolves your issue.

HP Recommended

Alki: Thanks for your response. I found that the VSX was dropping down to H.261 video, and that was shutting down the P+C.

The "fix" is to to force either the conference or the participant to H.263 or H.264 video.

HP Recommended

That's good to know, thanks for sharing.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.