Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Our customer already have 5 HD 720P license, but now their requirement is 5 more HD 720P license i.e. total of 10 HD 720P license.

my question is

1      how to upgrade it in RMX 1500? please provide me complete procedure steps

2      I have to take backup of my current configuration? or it is ok without backup i.e. current config remain same during upgradation.

3      Any new hardware is required for that upgradition?

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

PLease Reply if any one know about it.

HP Recommended

It's likely that it is software license key upgrade

To be 100% sure, you would want to know the exact model/serial number of the RMX1500 but it should be something like part 5150-18350-005, which is a 2HD1080p/5HD720p/10SD/15CIF resource licenses upgrade.  

This is something that can likely be done without a hardware upgrade, but again, you should Contact your Polycom Sales engineer or certified partner to determine the exact existing RMX part #  and/or serial number to ensure this is the right upgrade path.

For example, if the existing model was a VRMX1515, then it's only upgradeable to VRMX1525 which would max out at 7 HD 720.  If it was VRMX1505HDR (or pretty much anything else I can think of), it should be upgradeable to at least a VRMX1510 which would satisfy your customer's need for 10 HD 720). Knowing the exact existing model/serial number is critical.... 

Hope this helps.

pete 

HP Recommended

Our model is VRMX1505 and we know this model is upgradable but my issue is how to upgrade,

Please provide me the detail steps

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.