Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

When I schedule a conference using Polycom Conferencing for Microsoft Outlook, it creates the conference with the profile "Video512K".

How can I get it to default to a different conference profile?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Robert,

I assume you don't have a DMA. If this is incorrect, let me know as the answer may be different.

When you dial into a PCO enable conference, you actually connect to the Entry Queue first. In the RMX interface - rarely Used - Entry Queues, you should have a default entry queue (highlighted in black outline). Double click to view the properties. Here you see the AD HOC setting should be checked.

An Entry Queue (EQ) is a special routing lobby to access conferences. Participants connect to a single-dial lobby and are routed to their destination conference according to the Conference ID they enter. The Entry Queue remains in a passive state when there are no callers in the queue (in between connections) and is automatically activated once a caller dials its dial-in number.

On the EQ properties screen, it should list what Conference Profile is associated to the Entry Queue. Once you have identified the Conference Profile, go to Conference Profiles option in the RMX interface (right above the Entry Queues). Here you can locate the conference profile in question and make any changes to it, including the bit rate.

The parameters (bit rate and video properties) with which the participants connect to the Entry Queue and later to their destination conference are defined in the Conference Profile that is assigned to the Entry Queue. For example, if the Profile Bit Rate is set to 384 Kbps, all endpoints connect to the Entry Queue and later to their destination conference using this bit

rate even if they are capable of connecting at higher bit rates.

So, to recap - EP dials PCO Meeting > RMX EQ > Creates Conference based on Conference Profile

You can have up to 40 entry queues, but because of the way PCO is configured, it will use the RMX prefix as specified in your gatekeeper followed by a random generated Conference ID. There is a feature request to be able to specify multiple prefixes, but until this happens, you are stuck with using just one conference profile for all PCO meetings.

I hope this helps...

S.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Robert,

I assume you don't have a DMA. If this is incorrect, let me know as the answer may be different.

When you dial into a PCO enable conference, you actually connect to the Entry Queue first. In the RMX interface - rarely Used - Entry Queues, you should have a default entry queue (highlighted in black outline). Double click to view the properties. Here you see the AD HOC setting should be checked.

An Entry Queue (EQ) is a special routing lobby to access conferences. Participants connect to a single-dial lobby and are routed to their destination conference according to the Conference ID they enter. The Entry Queue remains in a passive state when there are no callers in the queue (in between connections) and is automatically activated once a caller dials its dial-in number.

On the EQ properties screen, it should list what Conference Profile is associated to the Entry Queue. Once you have identified the Conference Profile, go to Conference Profiles option in the RMX interface (right above the Entry Queues). Here you can locate the conference profile in question and make any changes to it, including the bit rate.

The parameters (bit rate and video properties) with which the participants connect to the Entry Queue and later to their destination conference are defined in the Conference Profile that is assigned to the Entry Queue. For example, if the Profile Bit Rate is set to 384 Kbps, all endpoints connect to the Entry Queue and later to their destination conference using this bit

rate even if they are capable of connecting at higher bit rates.

So, to recap - EP dials PCO Meeting > RMX EQ > Creates Conference based on Conference Profile

You can have up to 40 entry queues, but because of the way PCO is configured, it will use the RMX prefix as specified in your gatekeeper followed by a random generated Conference ID. There is a feature request to be able to specify multiple prefixes, but until this happens, you are stuck with using just one conference profile for all PCO meetings.

I hope this helps...

S.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.