Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended
Hey there all. Hoping someone can assist. ….We have a Lync 2010 deployment with RMX integration and federation and everything runs perfectly. Video and audio to the VMR’s, presence both inside and out all works. I have recently added a DMA to our deployment and enabled the SIP and H.323. Registered the DNS, created the certificate, loaded the certificate, removed the static route to the RMX and added to the DMA, added the DMA to the trusted application pool and published and created Lync users to match the dynamic VMR’s on the DMA. Added a SIP Peer and created the dialling rule to the SIP Peer as rule no. 7. When dialling from a M100 client registered to the DMA to the RMX, everything works as expected for both H.323 and SIP. However the Lync client STILL shows the VMR as offline and cannot connect to it. The strange thing is I can still dial any of the RMX VMR’s and they still all show presence too. My RMX is still registered to Lync and my gatekeeper is set to the DMA. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what can be modified to get all Lync calls to direct via the DMA instead of the RMX please? Regards
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Just curious - where did you see that you can get presence from VMRs on the DMA? A few folks have mentioned this, but I don't see any documentation supporting this claim.

For our implementations, we would just dial 1004@<static route created for DMA> in my case: 1004@video.polycom.com.

S.

HP Recommended
Hi there, Nope not necessarily worried about presence. With the RMX integrated presence works like a dream. With the DMA however we cannot even make the call connection, let alone the presence. By the way if you add the dynamic VMR ID's you create for each user to Lync, the presence does seem to populate though. Just wish I could test it with a working VMR via Lync to see if it would change from online to busy. For now all I have though is offline.
HP Recommended

What static route did you create for the DMA in Lync? If you want to enable logging on your client, you can send a PM to me with the log. I can take a look at it to see what is going on. I assum the certificates were created on the DMA correctly. Also the CA Root is trusted by Lync Fornt End servers.

Take a look at Jeff''s blog about setting up DMA with Lync to make sure you setup everything correctly.

http://blog.schertz.name/2011/08/polycom-dma-and-lync-integration/

S.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.