Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

We have a H.323 trunk between our CMA4000 and our Avaya Communications Manager 5.2.1 server.

Our Avaya handsets can dial Polycom endpoints by their extension number, and the Polycom endpoints can dial the Avaya handsets.

But we are having trouble dialling from the Avaya handsets to the RMX2000 meeting rooms. When I dial the meeting room, I get the following in the log on the RMX:

"Status: Event Disconnect  - Not a registered participant - release"

Are there any settings on the RMX or CMA that I can change to allow these Avaya handsets to participate in conferences?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

We have fixed the problem. It was caused by the trunk on the Avaya side using the wrong Codec.

Here are the codec settings that now work for us:

1: SIREN13-32K

2: G.722-64K

3: G.711MU

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Have you got the Avaya license key installed on the RMX?

HP Recommended

No. we don't have the Avaya licence installed on the RMX.

We are using a Avaya H.323 trunk to connect to the CMA as a Neighboring Gatekeeper.

With this, the following works:

1. Video calls from Avaya handsets (with Avaya One-X Communicator) to Polycom HDX endpoints
  2. Video calls from Polycom HDX endpoints to Avaya handsets (with Avaya One-X Communicator).
  3. Audio calls from Avaya handsets to Polycom endpoints.
  4. Audio calls from Polycom endpoints to Avaya handsets
  5. Video calls from Avaya handsets (with Avaya One-X Communicator) to Polycom RMX Conferences and Entry Queues.

But this does not work:

6. Audio calls from Avaya handsets to Polycom RMX Conferences and Entry Queues.

The call seems to go through but drops out straight away.

Here are the Codec we are using on the Avaya H.323 trunk:

• SIREN14-32K
  • G.722-64K
  • G.711MU
  • G.729
  • G.711A

To me it looks like the problem is with the RMX. It doesn't seem to work with audio-only calls.

HP Recommended

Do you have voice ports configured on your RMX? You will need to adjust the port allocation slider to have at least a few voice ports configured or else voice participants will not connect.

HP Recommended

We have 12 Voice ports on our RMX and 42 Video ports.

Port Usage for voice is 0/12 but it still does not work.

I have also added the parameter PREFERRED_G711_MODE=YES to MCMS_PARAMETERS_USER. This does not seem to have done anything to help.

HP Recommended

We have fixed the problem. It was caused by the trunk on the Avaya side using the wrong Codec.

Here are the codec settings that now work for us:

1: SIREN13-32K

2: G.722-64K

3: G.711MU

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.