Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
HP Recommended

Guys,

I am exploring an option where my IT users can reserve the video conferences on their own depending on the calendar availability of RMX. Is there any way I can achieve this? Can the users reserve the conferences on their own?

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Rony

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Yeah, that is the PCO route. Basically, we have an add-in that integrates with your Exchange server and allows users to create meeting invites from a template that you specify. Then those meetings are automatically pulled out of the exchange mailbox by the RMX and created at the appropriate time.

PCO is a Polycom Professional Services implemenataion.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Is the RMX stand a lone or do you use CMA or RMX Manager as the interface?  Whether you have CMA or the RMX Manager or direct access to the RMX you would need to train everyone how to schedule as well as create access logons.  IT or not I would really think twice about given someone direct access to the video bridge, if you have CMA I would much rather create logons/access via CMA.  To much can happen if you give out direct access to the RMX.  Just my thoughts.

HP Recommended

I have RMX. I dont have a CMA. What I meant to ask was that whether I can have my users reserve the conference on their own on the RMX? is there any way my RMX can show me the reservations created by my users?

Currently, based on the requests coming in for video conference, my IT administrator would create a reservation on the RMX. I want this part to be leveraged to users.

Thanks,

Rony

HP Recommended

You could give the users logins to the RMX and they could create reservations themselves. There are also third party scheduling applications like renovo that schedule the RMX using API language, and (of course) the CMA is always an option as well.

But with nothing but the RMX, then the only option is to let people log in and schedule conferences via the reservations GUI.

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your reply.

I was curious to know what is the Calendar Integration option in RMX? what if i integrate my RMX with my organization's Exchange Server using a mailbox? will that help me to have my end users make reservations by sending a calendar invite or something?

thanks,

HP Recommended

Yeah, that is the PCO route. Basically, we have an add-in that integrates with your Exchange server and allows users to create meeting invites from a template that you specify. Then those meetings are automatically pulled out of the exchange mailbox by the RMX and created at the appropriate time.

PCO is a Polycom Professional Services implemenataion.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.